Maintenance is performed on a weekly basis, with maintenance action files being published on Saturdays.
This allows the "house-keeping" to be performed as a stand-alone task.
The following actions are performed as part of the database maintenance:
- Historical Equities prices are adjusted to account for recent capital-base changes (share splits, consolidations, spin-offs, capital returns etc).
These adjustments are made according to the official ASX "dilution factors" released during the week.
- Newly listed Equities are assigned full names.
- Newly listed Warrants and ETOs are assigned names to show expiry dates and strike prices.
- Equities that have had a name or code change are refreshed.
- Expired Warrants and ETOs are removed.
- Delisted Equities are moved to the "Delisted Securities" folder (this happens 6 months after delisting when the ASX publishes a final "remove" notice).
- Equities that have traded under a temporary code whilst in deferred settlement mode are re-united with their "parent" codes.
- The histories for delisted Contributing Shares on which payments have been called are merged with their parent codes or with the succeeding Contributing Share codes.